Monday, June 21, 2010

waking up...

I have now crossed 30 and more. Two failed relationships and I switched my jobs quite too frequently until I got myself proving stability with the current one. Good four years at that. All these years I took life as it came, not bothering about how much good I have done to myself in terms of career goals, as one might put. I always needed a job for sustenance -- ego-wise and for other obvious reasons. And I made sure I had one. So far so good. Until I met this guy who I thought was...I actually did not think/judge anything about him initially. So, we hit it off quite well. He would have been like just another good friend of mine hadn't he believed in me and hadn't he been vocal about it. Quite bold and dauntless to walk up and question me on my face about my accomplishments so far. Little did he know that my earlier experiments with both my personal and professional lives have dampened my spirits. Not that they are lifeless now but withdrawn, yes. He failed to notice that perhaps. Nevermind. So each time he passionately harangued about his achievement I played a mute listener. That frustrated him more, maybe. But in the course, he unconsciously woke me up. However, I never attempted letting him know. I didn't want to talk about it. But because I am touched by his thoughtfulness, though a little crude, I want to show him that I might be bruised but not defeated yet. I would rather prove it silently to myself and him. I definitely will but that it might take a while till I make the grade around. All I could ask from him till then would be to keep believing in me and persevere. Would that be asking a lot?

1 comment:

  1. Yes baby, that would be asking a lot...Wake up, get up, and reach for the stars.... Look who's talking, the one who's still asleep!!!

    ReplyDelete